1. Keep things simple.
2. Prepare as much as you can in advance.
3. Just have 2 lots of juice, say apple or ribena
4. If you get lids and straws with the paper cups this obviously help avoid spillages but you can also write the children's names on the lids!!
5. Picnic food is perfect for children's parties, such as:
- Cocktail sausages
- Three different types of sandwiches (ham, cheese, and jam sandwiches perhaps)
- Cucumber and carrot batons
- Cherry Tomatoes (cut in half to avoid anyone choking at the party!!!)
- Grapes (again, cut in half to avoid anyone choking at the party!!!), orange quarters, slices of apple and banana (cut these up just before serving since they will go dry and brown and won't look very appetizing!!)
- Hoola Hoops, Pom-Bear crisps or something similar
- Jelly and icecream and/or
- Fairy cakes
If you have 10 children coming to the party. Make some jelly and set into 5 little jelly moulds/bowls. When you are ready to serve the jelly and ice-cream, remove half of the jelly from each mould/bowl and put them in the 5 remaining empty moulds/bowls and place the ice-cream on the other half, thus providing each little bowl with half jelly/half ice-cream.
Making the cake...
Lots of love